Each one of us would love to receive an award in life. It is the happiest moment in one’s life to receive an award for his/her hard work and efforts. But getting a weird award is something which will make us laugh and surprised too. Today we are going to talk about some of the most hilarious awards acknowledging weird and funny achievements.
- Darwin Awards: The first in the list is Darwin Awards. It is considered as the most vulnerable awards as the recipient has to sacrifice his life. It was started in 1980 by a group of people under the supervision of writer Wendy Northcutt.
- Foot in the mouth Award: The second weirdest award is Foot in the Mouth. It is given to a person who made the surprising comments in a year. It was started in 1993 by the Plain English Campaign magazine. The popular recipients of the award are Alicia Silverstone, Gordon Brown, Ted Dexter and many more. The awards are given in various countries in different versions.
- Ernie Awards: The third in the list is Ernie Awards named after Ernie Ecob, Australian Workers’ Union’s secretary. He was infamous for his anti-feminist comments. The award was founded in 1993 to highlight the most misogynist remarks given by the people.
- Golden Collar Awards: This is the most hilarious award given to dogs. It was discovered in 2012 by Dog News Daily website to recognize best canine actors in 5 different categories. The trophy is created by designer Simon Tavassoli.
- Pigasus Award: It was founded in 1982 to acknowledge false claimers of paranormal and psychic activities. It is given by famous American skeptic James Randi. The awards are generally announced on the April’s Fools Day. The trophy features paranormally bent steel spoon attached to a clear plastic base.