South Indian food has gathered love and fame from all across the globe. Be it, kids or adults, the appetizing South Indian dishes are the favourite of all. It favours you with good health, nutrition and is light on the stomach. No wonder, the cuisine is worth splurging on at any time of the day.
However, people think that authentic South Indian dishes are hard to find in other cities or states. But Hyderabad is one city that never fails to fascinate people with its South Indian food. To ease up the mammoth task of finding the best South Indian restaurants in Hyderabad, we have brought some renowned restaurants in the city that serve scrumptious South Indian dishes:
2) Simply South
3) Kshetra Vegetarian Restaurant
5) The Spicy Venue
7) Sri Siddhi Udupi Tiffins
8) 7 seasons
9) House of Dosas
10) Udupi’s Upahar
11) Minerva Coffee Shop
12) Tasty Bowl
14) Rayalaseema Ruchulu
15 Taj Mahal Hotel
1) Chutneys – with its ample seating arrangement, soothing ambiance, and delightful South Indian dishes, Chutneys is stealing the hearts of its customers. The restaurant is famous for serving banana leaves which is eye-catching.
It serves delightful and freshly made breakfast, lunch, and dinner thalis. Some of the famous dishes served here are uttapam, ghee Karam dosa, Guntur idli, etc. The restaurant has various branches in Jubilee Hills, Hitech City, L.B Nagar, and Banjara Hills. It is a very reasonable place with an average cost of two is Rs.800. The visiting timings of Chutneys are from 7 am till 11 at night.
To know address of different chutney restaurants in Hyderabad click here
2) Simply South – the name of the restaurant defines it very well. Its simple yet mouthwatering South Indian dishes captivate the attention of food lovers. This casual dining restaurant has a limited menu with handpicked dishes from Andhra, Kerala, Mangalorean cuisines.
It also offers a buffet and a la carte menu option. The Tomato pappu, mokka jonna garelu, bisi bela bhath, etc. are some of the crowd puller items of this South Indian restaurant. It has two branches in Hyderabad – Film Nagar and Hitech City with visiting timings 12 pm to 3.30 pm and 7 pm to 11 pm. The cost for two at this place is Rs.1000.
Address: Plot No 258, Rd Number 82, Film Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033
3) Kshetra Vegetarian Restaurant – a decade-old South Indian restaurant is still the favorite of many people. The spacious interiors, reasonable prices, beautiful outdoor seating, and mouthwatering South Indian dishes are USP.
You can even try Chinese and continental dishes here. Some of the best South Indian dishes served at this restaurant are utappam, rice pongal, upma, dosa, etc. The restaurant is located at rockdale compound, Somajiguda with visiting timing 7.30 am to 11 pm.
Address: Rockdale Compound, 6-3-570, Khairatabad Rd, Somajiguda, Hyderabad, Telangana 500004
4) Okra – there are very few places in Hyderabad where you can South Indian food all day. But with Okra you are all sorted. The restaurant is located in Hyderabad Marriott Hotel as well as Convention Centre. It has a delectable menu of South Indian dishes along with some continental and Chinese dishes.
The place is best suitable for an amazing dining experience. Some of the must-have dishes from Okra are gutti vankaya, khubani ka meetha, nasi goring, etc. The average cost for two is Rs.3000.
Address: Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, Tank Bund Road, opposite to Hussain Sagar Lake, Hyderabad, Telangana 500080
5) The Spicy Venue – South Indian dishes are irresistible when prepared with affection and great service. The Spicy Venue is one of the few restaurants in Hyderabad which is known for both these qualities. Plus, it has extraordinary interiors which act as a cherry on the cake.
Their South Indian menu includes the luscious Andhra dal, pulusu, avakaya muddapappu, mamsam iguru, curd rice, and much more. The place is located on road number 10, Jubilee Hills, and visiting hours from noon to 3.30 pm and 7 pm to 10.45 pm. The average cost of this restaurant is Rs.1000.
Address: No. 265/S, Road Number 10, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033
6) Dakshin – if you are in search of a fine dining South Indian restaurant then Dakshin is the right place for you. Visiting this restaurant soothes the soul with its elegant décor, live music, and remarkable menu.
To delight your taste buds, one must try their gunta pongadam, banana dosa, fish moilee, brinjal curry, rasam, etc. The restaurant is located at ITC Kakatiya, Begumpet. You can visit it from 12.30 pm to 2.45 pm and 7.30 pm to 11.45 pm. The average cost for two here is Rs.3500.
7) Sri Siddhi Udupi Tiffins – Sri Siddhi Udupi Tiffins is a casual dining restaurant located at Paradise Circle Road, Lane no.2, behind Hotel Aditya. The simplicity of this restaurant is its USP. No matter whether you are coming back from work or hanging out with your friends, this place is a must-visit. It offers relishing dishes like butter masala dosa, onion rava dosa, sambar vada, peasarattu, curd rice, etc. You can visit this place from 7 am to 10.30 pm. The cost for the two is Rs.150.
Address: paradise circle road lane no 2, behind hotel Aditya dulex, 500003
8) 7 seasons – this casual dining restaurant is renowned for its South Indian dishes. The place has a great ambiance, a soothing environment, and great service. It has a modern touch to its food and vibe.
The place is great to have fun and quality time with family and friends. Some of the lip-smacking dishes from this place are the butter masala dosa, curd rice, sambar idli, ragi dosa, paper dosa, and much more. The place is located at Banjara Hills. You can even get North Indian and Chinese food here.
Address:Hotel Comfotel, Rd Number 1, Naveen Nagar, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500034
9) House of Dosas – this modest South Indian restaurant in Hyderabad offers an appetizing array of dosas. You can find all sorts of dosas on their menu and it is their specialty. The restaurant is located opposite lane to Park Hyatt, opposite to lucid diagnostics, Banjara Hills.
You can visit the place from noon to 3.30 pm, 7 pm to 10.45 pm. Some of their must-try dishes from this restaurant are ghee karam dosa, erra karam dosa, Nutella dosa, pizza dosa, and much more. The average cost for two at this place is Rs.300.
Address: Opp lane to Park Hyatt, Opp to Lucid Diagnostics, Road No 2, Banjara Hills, Kaifi Azmi Road, Hyderabad, Telangana 500034
10) Udupi’s Upahar – searching for the best vegetarian South Indian restaurants in Hyderabad can be a daunting task. But Udupi’s Upahar you are all sorted. The delectable South Indian dishes at affordable prices make this place a sure hit.
Some of the must-try and drool-worthy dishes from this restaurant are Mysore masala dosa, butter pesarattu, tomato onion uttapam, sambar idli, etc. Udupi’s Upahar has various branches, Gachibowli, Madhapur, Manikonda, and Kondapur. Its visiting timings are 7 am to 10.30 pm and the cost for two is Rs.400.
Address: Kanhaiyalal Complex, 2-21/4, Ground Floor, Gachibowli Rd, near Sri Sai Cyber Cafe, Indira Nagar, Gachibowli, Telangana 500032
11) Minerva Coffee Shop – are you craving some South Indian thalis? Minerva Coffee Shop is the apt place for you. This renowned restaurant is serving its customers for more than three decades now.
The place also offers Chinese dishes along with North and South Indian dishes. Their famous dishes are Mysore bhajji, butter masala dosa, pesarattu, ragi dosa, paper dosa, etc. It is located at Jubilee Hills, Himayat Nagar, Madhapur, and Amarpeet with visiting hours from 7 am to 10.30 pm.
12) Tasty Bowl – the name of the restaurant defines its food. It is highly known for its scrumptious South Indian food. The restaurant also serves North Indian and Chinese food. You can find this place at Green Valley, near Andhra Pradesh Real Estate, Banjara Hills. The must-try dishes from Tasty Bowl are ghee sambar rice, curd rice, sambar idli, miriyala rasam rice bowl, paneer 65 sambar rice bowls, and much more.
13) Ulavacharu – when it comes to taste, no one can beat Ulavacharu. The restaurant is one of the top South Indian restaurants in Hyderabad. It has a very nice and soothing setting which defines the Telugu culture as well as tradition.
The food is prepared in such a way that it reminds us of an old era. Anyone who hasn’t tasted authentic South Indian dishes should visit this place. The top and most liked dishes here are the raju gari kodi pulav, royyala iguru, dosa, and much more. It is located at Jubille Hills. The cost for two for this place is Rs.1300.
14) Rayalaseema Ruchulu – this place is a testimony to the Andhara food as well as rich and scrumptious Telugu cuisine. The restaurant is a favorite of many Telugu celebrities. Its authentic and freshly prepared Andhara cuisine can take anyone on a gastronomic journey.
Their menu is a combination of regions: Andhara, Telengana, and Rayalaseema. It is said that most of their recipes are centuries old. Anyone visiting this place must try their Rajabhojanam Thalis and other meals. The restaurant is located at Somajiguda, Jaffar Ali Bagh.
Address: 6-3-662/6, Ground Floor Dwarka Nivas, Somajiguda, Hyderabad, Telangana, India – 500082
15) Taj Mahal Hotel – this place at Abids is known to be legendary. The restaurant is enthralling Hyderabadi generations with its finger-licking good South Indian thalis and tiffins. Taj Mahal Hotel is completely simple yet elegant with its décor, seating, service, and much more. But its food speaks a thousand languages. The food is to die for. Some of their must-try dishes are ghee sambar rice, sambar idli, curd rice, paper dosa, and much more.
Address: Narayanaguda Road, 3-6-784/2 to 7, Himayatnagar, Hyderabad, Telangana 500029
Every nook and corner of Hyderabad is serving delectable food. But the above-mentioned restaurants are some of the few places which are known for their supreme quality, authentic taste, reasonable prices, amazing ambiance, and much more. If you want to relish the true flavors and delicacies of South Indian food in Hyderabad, you must visit these restaurants to have a wonderful experience of relishing South Indian food.