As per the orders of the Supreme Court, the government has made linking the Aadhaar card with a mobile number compulsory. This decision is made essential to eliminate activation or connections that were being issued on fake documents. The best part is that the entire process of mobile number re-verification with a person’s Aadhaar requires no cost and takes few minutes to complete without consuming much effort and time.
Here is a detailed process explained to link your Aadhaar with your mobile number via OTP
- First of all, you have to call 14546 from your mobile phone.
- choose the option of an Indian or NRI
- the person should give his consent to re-verify Aadhaar by pressing on number 1
- now enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number and confirm it by clicking on number 1
- the OTP will be generated and sent to your registered or given mobile number
- Give your consent to the operator to enter your name, photo, and other details from UIDAI.
- next, IVR will read the last four digits of your number
- if everything is correct, you need to enter the OTP received on your mobile number
- lastly, press 1 to complete the entire process
Every mobile subscriber can easily link their Aadhaar with a mobile number and re-verify it via OTP sent on their mobile. However, it is essential to understand that people who have linked their mobile numbers can go through the re-verify method. Otherwise, the users have to go through an offline process to link their SIM card with Aadhaar with the help of a retailer. The above-mentioned process is simple and takes few minutes to complete.
Linking your Aadhar number with your mobile number via retailer shop
If you are unable to do it yourself due to any reason then the other option is to visit any nearest retailer shop where it will be done easily. The service provider outlet will do it for you free of cost. Here are the essential things to keep in mind while visiting the store.
- While visiting the store, you must carry a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card to verify your identity.
- You also need to give them your registered mobile number.
- Then he will ask you the OTP that has been sent to your number to link it successfully.
- Now you have to give your fingerprint to further help the linking process.
- Once everything is done successfully, you will get a confirmation message from your operator on your phone number.
- Now you just need to reply with ‘Y’ in order to complete the e-KYC process successfully.
Documents required to link your Aadhaar with your mobile number
A person only requires a self-attested copy of their Aadhaar card to link Aadhaar with their mobile number. There is no requirement of any other document such as address proof, identity proof, voter card, etc. to complete the process. Therefore, you should be aware of any fraudulent activities which might happen to you.
FAQs of How to link Aadhaar with a mobile number?
How much do I have to pay for mobile verification with Aadhaar?
A mobile subscriber need not pay anything to a telecom operator for verifying their mobile number with Aadhaar. The entire process is free of cost.
What is the process to add a mobile number an Aadhaar card?
This can be done by visiting the Enrolment center nearby where you can submit the form. It requires a fee of Rs.30 to complete the process. Also, you need not submit any documents.
Are there any special facilities available for senior citizens or the disabled?
The government has asked the telecom operator to keep the process smooth and hassle-free for senior citizens and the disabled. Thus, the representatives of telecom operators will come to their homes to complete the process.
Is it possible to link the Aadhaar number with the mobile number online?
Currently, there is no facility to link your Aadhaar with SIM cards online. But you can always opt for an offline process via IVR or OTP process.
The Aadhaar card is the new official identity proof. Therefore, linking it with your mobile number before the deadline’s end is . The process to complete it via OTP is very simple and takes only a few minutes.