Now and then the government rules keep on changing. It’s very important to follow them in order to stay away from the inconvenience and hurdles. Knowing the fact that the Employees’ Provident Fund is very important for every employee, there is a recent update by the govt in which one has to link it with the Aadhaar card to continue to enjoy it’s benefits.
Now, it is essential to link your 12 digit Aadhar card number with Employees Provident Fund. The benefit of doing this is that you can speed up the process of claim settlement. The EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization) has taken numerous steps in order to offer comfort to the employees. According to the unified portal of this organization, if an employee wants to claim their EPF online, then it is necessary to link their Univeral Account Number (UAN) with Aadhar card.
UAN is known as Universal Account Number which will help a person to track IDs of various members. If you are working at different organizations then various member IDs will be created. Every organization allots a different EPF ID. Whereas, UAN is allotted by the EPFO where the employee needs to activate it by following the KYC process via the employer.
It is essential to know that UAN is compulsory for employees to transfer and withdraw money from EPF with convenience. However, there are two methods to link your Aadhar card with an EPF account, that is, online and offline.
How to link Aadhar card with EPF account online
Linking Aadhar card with EPF account is simple via an online facility. All you need to do is go to the web page of Unified Portal of EPF and follow the steps mentioned below:
- After visiting the official web page of the unified portal of EPF, https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ select the option of ‘UAN member e-Sewa’.
- Fill in your UAN id and password.
- Click on the ‘KYC’ option available under the manage tab.
- Later, you will reach a page where you need to upload various documents to link with your EPF account.
- Now click on the option ‘Aadhar’.
- Enter your name, Aadhar card number, and save it.
- After this, the Aadhar number will be verified with the database of UIDAI.
- You will get an approval of the KYC document and UIDAI, the Aadhar card linked with the EPF account.
This process of linking Aadhar card with EPF account online is very simple and takes only a few minutes.
How to link Aadhar card with EPF account offline or visiting PF office
You can also link your Aadhar card with EPF account via the offline method. To follow the process, the card-holder needs to be physically present at any EPFO branch or common service center.
- After visiting an EPFO branch, complete the details required for ‘Aadhar Seeding Application Form.
- Fill in the Aadhar card number and details of UAN.
- Submit the form with self-attested photocopies of your PAN, UAN, and Aadhar card.
- After everything is verified, including your KYC documents, you will get the notification of your Aadhar card linked to the EPF account. You will also get an instant ‘Verified’ notification after furnishing your adhaar details.
Linking Aadhar card with EPF account offline is simple process as well but you need to be physically present at the branch.
FAQs of How to link Aadhar card with EPF account online or offline
- Is there any charges one has to pay to link the Aadhaar with EPF?
Ans: No. There is no charge that one has to pay.
- Is it possible to link more than one mobile number with one EPF account?
Ans: No, you can only link one mobile number with one EPF account.
- In how many ways one can link the Aadhaar with EPF account?
Ans: There are multiple methods, including UMANG App, official website of EPF, by OTP verification on the e-KYC website of EPFO, and through the biometric credentials.
Linking your Aadhar card with EPF account is mandatory and can offer you amazing benefits. But choosing the method of linking it with an EPF account via online or offline is a personal choice. Thus, you can choose any of the methods given below to successfully link your Aadhaar with EPF account to continue enjoying the benefits without facing any kind of inconvenience.