Every individual must have a hold on an authentic identity proof that identifies them as an Indian citizen. Aadhar card is issued by the Government of India regardless of any age, religion, or gender. This is done to remove the duplicates as it involved demographic and biometric information. It has become the major identification proof over the years in India.
Also, the central government is taking unique initiatives by making it compulsory to link your Aadhar card with all bank accounts. It is essential to do before the deadline ends otherwise your accounts will be deactivated. In this case, you will not be able to make any financial transactions.
If you have an account in ICICI bank then here are some of the simplest ways to link your Aadhar with your ICICI account:
The user needs to have net banking credentials to go forward with this facility. Follow these steps:
- Log in to the net banking account by visiting http://goo.gl/SvtnSF
- Click on your account number from the drop-down list.
- Fill in your Aadhar number, mobile number, and e-mail id.
- Agree with the terms and conditions and click on the submit option.
- Your Aadhar will successfully be linked with your ICICI bank account.
To link your Aadhar card with your ICICI bank account via mobile app, here is the steps you need to follow:
- Download the ICICI bank mobile app and log in using a four-digit PIN or your net banking credentials.
- Select on the ‘services’ option and click ‘instabanking services.’
- Click on the option ‘update Aadhar’ and fill in your 12-digit Aadhar number.
- Submit the request. Later you will get a confirmation message.
Another simple way to link Aadhar card with ICICI bank is via ATM. Follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit your nearest ICICI bank ATM and swipe your card.
- Fill in your ATM PIN and click on ‘more options.’
- Click on the ‘Aadhar updation’ option and enter the 12-digit Aadhar number.
- Re-enter the 12-digit Aadhar number and hit on the submit option.
This process is free of cost and can be done within few seconds. Follow these steps:
- Dial the customer care number of ICICI bank 1800 200 3344
- Choose your preferred language and select number 1 for baking accounts.
- Fill in your account number or your debit card number along with the ATM PIN.
- After receiving the Aadhar message, click on number 1 to update Aadhar.
- Fill in your 12-digit Aadhar number and click on confirm. Later, you will receive a message of confirmation.
This method is suitable for senior-citizens, specially-abled people, etc. Or, for those who are not very much comfortable doing it online.
- After visiting the branch, request for ‘stay connected’ form.
- Complete the form by adding your details like account number, customer ID, 12 digit Aadhar number, etc.
- Attach your self-attested copy of Aadhar Card.
- Submit the form alongside the original Aadhar card.
- You will receive a receipt from the executive and your Aadhar card after verification.
Linking Aadhaar card with your bank account has become mandatory by the government of India. Be it ICICI bank or any other bank, you have to link your Aadhaar card with your account to continue enjoying the banking services. So, follow the steps given above to link it with your ICICI account conveniently.