If you are a person who has not linked your phone number with Aadhaar number, now there is a simpler way to do it. You can now simply dial a central number, regardless the network, to link your phone number with Aadhaar number. This will bring some relief for consumers across the country, who only had the option to visit offline stores of their respective operators to link the two till now. You can now re-verify your phone number using a simple IVR service from the comfort of your home.
How to link your Phone Number to Aadhaar, using the new IVR service:
Let us see how to link your phone number with Aadhaar number through IVR.
If you want to link your phone number to Aadhaar, the process is rather simple. You just need to keep your Aadhaar number at hand and follow these steps, as directed by the IVR, to complete the re-verification process.
- Dial 14546 from the phone number that needs to be linked with Aadhaar.
- You will be asked to select an option depending on whether you are a resident Indian or an NRI. Choose the appropriate option.
- Next, you will have to give consent to link Aadhaar with your phone number by pressing 1.
- Now enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm.
- Next, you will receive an OTP number on your device. The OTP will be valid for 30 minutes.
- Now, you need to enter your phone number.
- Next, you will be asked to provide your consent to your operator to pick your name, photo, and date of birth from the UIDAI database.
- The IVR will mention the last four digits of your number for confirmation
- If the number is correct, you can enter the OTP you received through SMS.
- You must now press 1 to complete the Aadhaar-mobile number re-verification process.
- If you have another phone number that you wish to get re-verified, press 2 and follow the instructions. However, do make sure that you have the phone nearby as you will have to enter the OTP received on the number to get it re-verified.
The Government of India recently revised the deadline for linking your phone number with Aadhaar till March 31, 2018. If you do not get your phone numbers linked with Aadhaar by March 31st, they will end up being deactivated.