All book lovers find the library to be the best place for recreation, where they can read lots of books of their choice. Reputed libraries store books of all genres for their passionate readers. Though a large number of members in each library comprise of school and college students; many older people also enroll as members of different libraries to fulfill their thirst for knowledge. There are many libraries in Hyderabad where members can read as many books as they want, just for a nominal membership fee.
List of 15 Libraries in Hyderabad for Book Lovers
1) City Central Library
2) Telangana State Central Library
3) Prakash Reading Room
4) Just Books CLC
5) Saraswathi Reading Room
6) British Library
7) Books And More
9) Treasure House
10) IGM Library UOH
11) Sri Krishna Devaraya Andhra Bhasha Nilayam
13) Vivekananda Institute & Library
14) The Book Shelf
15) Sundarayya Vignana Kendram
1) City Central Library – This public library in Ashok Nagar provides more than 2 lakhs of books, journals, and magazines for its numerous readers. Members can also sit and read under large trees on its ground, apart from the reading rooms on two floors.
There are many sections of this library, namely academics, kids’ section, periodicals, references, and preservations that hold books on many languages. The membership fee is nominal here and members need to pay only Rs 150 for a lifetime. They can borrow any books worth Rs 150 for 14 days.
Address: Ashok Nagar Road, Sri Tyagaraja Gana Sab, Chikkadpally, Hyderabad – 500020
2) Telangana State Central Library – This is considered one of the oldest and top libraries in Hyderabad, with a huge collection of 500000 books, magazines, and rare manuscripts. Readers can find books on all subjects, written in different languages in this library in Afzal Gunj.
Hence, it is the most favorite library of young people who are preparing for different competitive examinations. There are numerous books on science, medicine, technology, history, political science, law, fictional and non-fictional literature. The annual membership fee is only Rs 150 for the first year and then Rs 50 from the second year onwards.
Address: office of Director of public libraries, 1st floor, state, NH163, Hyderabad, Telangana 500012
3) Prakash Reading Room – The name of this library is justified as it is considered the best one in terms of the reading rooms. There are several reading rooms here, some of which are air-conditioned while some are not.
Thus, members have the choice of reading in an AC or non-AC room. However, all rooms are spacious and provided with the best furniture for readers. The peaceful environment of this library in Ameerpet makes it one of the most popular libraries in Hyderabad.
Address: Koushik Sai Rama Residency flat no:-101, Street Number 6, East Srinivas Nagar Colony, Srinivasa Nagar, Ameerpet, Hyderabad, Telangana
4) Just Books CLC – This library in Jubilee Hills is the common reading place for both young and old. It contains huge numbers of books and magazines on all adult topics, like cooking and parenting. Children can find their favorite comic books, like Asterix and Tin Tin while popular storybooks of Enid Blyton and Indian fairytales keep them glued to this library.
The quarterly membership fee is only Rs 900 here and the monthly rate is Rs 350. Members can now check the catalogs of books online and they can even place online orders for their chosen books that are delivered to their homes.
5) Saraswathi Reading Room – This library in Dilsukhnagar remains open for 24 hours. Each reader is provided an individual reading desk, which is separated from adjacent desks by placing barriers in between. Thus, it is a great experience for students and they can concentrate on reading here. Kids love the spacious reading rooms of this library, which are air-conditioned and comfortable for them.
Address: 511/C /10, Plot, Hno: 16-11, no.10, opp. Bhasyam school, Bank Colony, Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad, Telangana 500036
6) British Library – It is run by British Council and located in Jubilee Hills of Hyderabad. This library is known to hold the largest number of books in different colleges. Apart from housing numerous books, people can also read paperback storybooks and magazines here. Now, members can read their chosen books online without going out of their homes.
The vast reading room of this library with many lights resembles the libraries of different reputed universities. Some cultural events and workshops are also conducted here, for boosting the reading and writing skills of members. People get enrolled in various membership categories, namely student, family, online, corporate, and many others.
Address: Ratnadeep Building, 4th Floor, SL Jubilee,, Plot No. 1202 & 1215/A, Rd Number 36, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033
7) Books And More – This library is located in Marredpally of Hyderabad, which remains open from 9 am to 9 pm every day. It is the best place for kids in the age group of 3 – 16 years, who love to read storybooks or want to learn something new by reading.
It also conducts story-telling sessions that children love to attend and they may also meet some of their favorite authors here. Regular workshops are also conducted where kids can learn dancing, drawing, crafts, and many other useful activities. Thus, it is one of the best libraries in Hyderabad for children.
Address: 16, 10-3-3, 1, E Marredpally, Secunderabad, Telangana 500026
8) Kaleidoscope – It is one of the best libraries for children, where they can find lots of storybooks as well as books for learning things. Hence, the name of this library is justified, as it represents a kaleidoscope of different colors of knowledge to them.
Kids love the environment here, which is boosted by the interaction sessions with their favorite authors arranged by the library management. This library in Gachibowli remains open throughout the day on all weekdays so that kids can enjoy reading here at any time after their school hours.
Know more about the address here
9) Treasure House – This library truly seems to be a treasure for book lovers of all ages. It contains lots of storybooks for kids in the age group of 3 – 7 years. Their parents also find this place interesting, as they can read several books on parenting here and learn many new things.
This library hosts events called ‘Warli Art Making’ and ‘Story Time for Toddlers’, which are very popular among kids. The main aim of this library in Banjara Hills is to encourage children to read books.
Address: Plot# 21,Saptaparni, Road No. 8, adjacent to Kalpa School, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033
10) IGM Library UOH – It is mainly visited by college students, who need stuff for their academic studies. Study materials on various subjects are available in the form of books and magazines here.
Readers are satisfied with the provisions of drinking water and hygienic bathrooms in this library. Thus, studious students can spend a large time of the day in this library in Gachibowli, which remains open from 8 am in the morning till 11.30 pm at night.
Know more about it in detail here
11) Sri Krishna Devaraya Andhra Bhasha Nilayam – This library in Sultan Bazaar is running for nearly a hundred years. It contains over 40000 books and journals, mainly related to Telugu literature. Hence, it is a favorite place for elderly people who love to read famous literary pieces in Telugu. Many younger people interested in exploring Telugu literature also visit this library regularly, which ranks among the best libraries in Hyderabad.
Address: 4-4-1, KS Ln, Sultan Bazar, Koti, Hyderabad, Telangana 500095
12) InkReaders – This is a book rental library in Kondapur that is highly popular among local people. It also offers an online facility to its members and supplies chosen books to their doorsteps. Numerous fiction storybooks and self-help books are available for members of this library.
The monthly membership fee varies from Rs 250 400 and even non-members can borrow books from this library by spending Rs 10 per day for a book or Rs 50 per week. The low cost of renting books also attracts many book lovers of this region.
Address: 13, Kondapur Main Road, Sri Ram Nagar, Laxmi Nagar, Kondapur, Telangana 500084
13) Vivekananda Institute & Library – This library is run by Ramakrishna Math of Domalguda, for which its ambiance has a spiritual vibe that brings calmness in mind. Thus, this library has four sections, namely the children’s section, adults section, educational section, and spiritual section. Kids love to read comics of Tin Tin, Asterix, and others, as well as Indian and English storybooks here.
The library management organizes personality development classes and meditation classes for both children and adults. The admission fee to this organization is only Rs 7 and members need to deposit Rs 100 for borrowing books from this library for 14 days.
Address: Ramakrishna Math Marg, Domalguda, Himayatnagar, Hyderabad, Telangana 500029
14) The Book Shelf – This library in SBH Colony of Amberpet is a wonderful place for children. Storybooks of different genres are available for kids in this library, ranging from Harry Potter to Famous Five. Children can also be benefitted from study materials recommended by the CBSE Board, mainly for enriching their vocabulary.
The ambiance of this library is very pleasant, consisting of individual cane chairs and wooden benches where eight kids can sit together. The walls display various artworks, bulletins, and motivating posters that kids love to see. The membership fee is only Rs 200 per month for enrolling in this library.
Address: 2-2-23/24, SBH Colony, Amberpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500013
15) Sundarayya Vignana Kendram – This famous library was founded in 1988 in the honor of late Communist leader Puchalapalli Sundaraiah. The major part of this library consists of his personal collection of books. Some other famous persons also donated their collections of books to this library. It also contains many latest books on different subjects.
Presently, there are over 2500000 books of Telugu, English, and Urdu literature, written in the last two centuries. It aims in preserving the cultural heritage of India through its collection of books.
Address: 1-8-1, B/25/A, Bagh Lingampally Rd, MIGH 2, AP Housing Board, Bagh Lingampally, New Nallakunta, Hyderabad, Telangana 500044
Thus, people can be benefitted from the top libraries in Hyderabad, which enrich their knowledge and develop the healthy habit of reading books. Modern libraries also have the facility of free internet to allow their member to read online.
People do not need to spend money on buying books for their children, due to the continuous services of these public libraries. Therefore, each library can be considered a valuable treasure to society.