If you are trapped in your home or traffic for a long period of time then nothing is more relaxing than reading an interesting book. Monsoon season is all over us and giving us much time to stay at home or finding a shelter every now and then. Reading a book in a shed along with a cup of tea is simply a great idea to enjoy the season. So get your hands on any of these interesting books to kill the boredom.
- All About Love: Love is a magical and a very personal feeling. A well renowned social activist and feminist Bell Hooks elaborates the meaning and relevance of love in our lives. The book is all about love, it’s understanding and relevance with examples and unambiguous definitions. It is a must read for all lovers and dreamers.
- Never Let Me Go: It is the book which can make you go crazy. It captures your thought process and attention with it’s incredibly beautiful sci-fi story about freedom, youth and many more relevant things in life. The plot is very catchy and magical to make you go weak in the knees.
- The Palace of Illusions: This book brings an old wine in a new bottle. It re-tells the story of the Mahabharat from Draupadi’s point of view. The book presents a very simple language and story emphasizing on woman’s voice. Those who love reading Indian literature will surely admire this book. The book is written by Chitra Banerjee Devakurni.
- If on a winter’s Night a Traveller: The winter season is round the corner and here comes the most beautiful title to bring magic and love in your life. It is nothing short of a love letter to a reader written by renowned author Italo Calvino. The fiction story is quite related to our lives and explores the relationship between the reader and the author.
- Man’s Search for Meaning: Last but certainly not the least is a masterpiece for avid readers. Written by Viktor E Frankl, the book talks about the author’s 4 years struggle in concentration camps where he lost everything. Another half of the book shows how he finds the meaning of life and developing his theory of “Logo therapy”. It is an inspirational read for those who seek motivation and meaning of life.