No one can brush off the fact that they often crave for mouth-watering Indian sweets. The temptation is so strong that people can’t resist themselves to gorge on sweets even before meals. The magic of appetizing Indian sweets can never fade away. India and its states are world-famous for a variety of colorful and irresistible sweet dishes. Every state offers a unique set of sweets.
However, Hyderabad is nothing short of a heaven for foodies. It’s not only famous for it’s lip-smacking biryani and non-vegetarian dishes, but also for an unmatched charm of traditional sweets. The city of Nawabs has a versatile range of sweet dishes that are hard to find anywhere else.
Every sweet shop in Hyderabad has a plethora of sweet items worth splurging on. The delightful traditional Hyderabadi sweets are a guilty pleasure of many people. Whether to want to fulfill your desire of Rasgulla, Rabri, or Ariselu, the sweet shops in Hyderabad serve it all.
No wonder, the success of every best sweet shop in Hyderabad tells its tale and experience of many years. If you want to dive into the pool of delectable Indian sweets in the city of Nawabs, then here is a list of the best sweet shops you need:
1) Almond House – this sweet shop is serving and satisfying its customers for more than two decades. The lip-smacking products Almond House delivers win the hearts of all. Bisticks and Khara are quite famous of this place. Other than this, their menu has Bellam Jallebi, Milk Mysore Pak, Kaju Anjeer Burfi, and much more. The shop also offers Telugu sweets. You can find various branches of this shop at Banjara Hills, Jubilee Hills, Secunderabad, Kukatpally, Himayatnagar, etc.
Address: Almond House Pvt Ltd. Door No : 16-31-490, 491, 492/P-1 Phase – VI, KPHB Colony, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana – 500072
2) Dadu’s Sweets – this shop started from the bottom and turned into a big brand in Hyderabad with their luscious sweets and impeccable service. Their remarkable menu boasts scrumptious traditional Indian sweets, Turkish sweets, and a lot more items. However, some of the famous out of all are Arabic sweets, Khoya Sweets, Bengali sweets. You can find their stores in Himayatnagar, Banjara Hills, Gachibowli, etc.
Address: Liberty Rd, opp. TTD Temple, Chandra Nagar, Himayatnagar, Hyderabad, Telangana 500029
3) G Pulla Reddy Sweets – with the experience of more than 72 years, this iconic sweet in Hyderabad is the favorite of all. The shop started its journey in Hyderabad from a small cart by selling Barfi in 1948. Since then this sweet shop is satisfying the sweet craving of Hyderabadis.
G Pulla Reddy Sweets is known for offering delectable traditional South Indian specialties. Some of the top-selling sweets of this shop are Gavvalu, Badusha, Chekkalu, Soan Patti, Ajmer Kalakand, etc. It is located at Hitech City, Kothaguda. You can even find a variety of pickles, namkeen items at this shop.
Know more about the brand here
4) Delhi Mithaiwala – the shop is highly renowned for its relishing jaggery sweets in Hyderabad. It even deals with savory and bakery items. Delhi Mithaiwala’s best sweets are Jalebi, Ajmeri Kalakand, Gur Rasmalai, and much more. You can even contact them for corporate gift packs or boxes for any occasion. It is located near Hanuman Temple Complex, Swathi Avenue, Ameerpet.
Address: Gurudwara Ln, opposite Sri Kanaka Durga Devi Temple, Hanuman Temple Complex, Swathi Avenue, Ameerpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500016
5) Apnar Kolkata – as the name suggests, this sweet shop offers you a delightful bite of Bengali sweets in the city of Nawabs. Some of the best Bengali sweets from Apnar Kolkata are Roshogulla, Rajbhog, Cham Cham, Langcha, etc. You can visit this shop from 5 pm till 10.30 pm. It is located at Indra Reddy Allwyn Colony, Hafeezpet.
Address: Next To More Retail, Hema Durga Plaza, Gachibowli – Miyapur Rd, Prajay City, Indra Reddy Allwyn Colony, Hafeezpet, Telangana 500049
6) Tewari Brothers Mithaiwala – another one of the best sweet shops in Hyderabad is Tewari Brothers Mithaiwala. This shop is not only famous for selling for its scrumptious pure desi ghee sweets but namkeen items. Some of the best namkeen items of this shop are pakora, dhokla, samosa, club kachori, etc. However, it is famous and renowned for its kajur barfi and jalebi. These two sweets are to die for. The shop is located at Khairatabad. On Sunday’s people wait standing in long queues to get their favorite sweet and namkeen items from this shop.
Address: 6/2/952/1/A, Khairatabad Rd, Anand Nagar Colony, Chintal, Hyderabad, Telangana 500004
7) Olive Mithai Sweet Shop – this shop is located at Kothaguda. Its relishing sweet items, snacks, and other namkeen items makes it the perfect sweet shop of Hyderabad. Olive Mithai Sweer Shop is serving various sweet items to the people of Hyderabad for many years. It’s some of the best and crowd-puller sweet items are paneer jalebi, kaju katli, chekodi, chekkal, Bandar halwa, kalakand, and much more. You can even place your orders for festive gift boxes and corporate gift boxes at this shop. The place has also launched its new immunity boosters. One can visit this shop from 10 am to 9 pm.
Address: Plot.No.8, Opposite Silpa Kala Vedika, Surya Enclave, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081
8) Emerald Mithai Shop – the mithais of this shop is worth splurging on. Every sweet dish is made from healthy ingredients like pure ghee, fresh milk, etc. which makes this shop famous in Hyderabad. Moreover, the shop even sells organic products, tiffin items, and dairy products. Every sweet offered by this shop is mouthwatering. Other than sweets, one should try their Raggi Laddu, idli, and dosa. The shop has its branch in Banjara Hills and Tank Bund.
Address : Tank Bund Road, 1-2-597/42, Near Indira Park, Lower Tank Bund, Necklace Road, Hyderabad, Ram Krishna Math, Domalguda, Hyderabadc
9) Sweet Basket – this is one of the most economical sweet shops in Hyderabad. The menu of Sweet Basket is well-curated according to the tastes of people. You can even get namkeens and chats at this shop. However, some of the best and delightful sweets from this shop are Ajmer kalakand, white kalakand, motichoor laddu, ariselu, kaju katli, ras malai, and much more. There are main two outlets of this shop, one in Gachibowli and the second in Miyapur. The shop also delivers their sweets within a short radius.
Address: Plot No: 25, 104, Old Mumbai Hwy, opp. SN Gardens, Sri Shyam Nagar, Telecom Nagar, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana 500032
10) Makhan Bhog– Makhan bhog is one of the best sweet shops in Hyderabad. With two main branches in Hyderabad, the brand is offering amazing mouth-watering sweets to the people of Hyderabad. Also, the shop deals with bakery items and snacks which makes it promising. Its renowned sweets are soan papdi, gulab jamoon, jalebi, ras malai, motichoor ke laddu, and much more. And from its section of bakery items, one should try their cookies, puddings, chessecakes, etc. You can even get snack items from Makhan Bhog. Makhan Bhog is located in Ameerpet and Begumpet, Hyderabad.
Address: Sindhi Colony, PG Road, opp. Dimmy Pan Palace, Sindhi Colony, Begumpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500003
11) Agra Sweets Banjara – with the experience of more than 70 years in Hyderabad, the shop boasts its delicious sweets. The shop is known for its great quality, nutritional content, and freshness. You can find Agra Sweets Banjara and its 9 new locations in other parts of the country. Its luscious menu of sweets will make you go weak in your knees. Some of the best and tasty sweets from this shop are ajmeri kalakand, atta gondh laddu, badam caramel roast, badam rocher, rasmalai, etc. The shop also serves namkeen items which are delectable as well. It is located at Banjara hills road, Masabtank.
Address: 10-5-5/4/4 to 7 Khaja Complex,Masab Tank – Banjara Hills Rd, Masab Tank, Hyderabad, Telangana 500028
12) Hameedi Confectioners – the irresistible and scrumptious Hyderabadi and Turkish sweets can only be found at Hameedi Confectioners. This shop is 105 years old in Hyderabad. Its luscious sweet items are Badam ki Ashrafi, Kalakand, Badam Halwa, Gond Ka Laddu, and Jaouzi Halwa. Apart from sweets, Hameedi confectioners are also known for selling chaat, snacks, and other items. The shop is located at Gun Foundry, Basheer Bagh. Its visiting timings are from 10 am to 11 pm.
Address: 5-5-513, Mozamjahi Market, Telangana 500001
13) Burfi Ghar Sweet Shop – the premier sweet shop in Hyderabad is Burfi Ghar Sweet Shop. The shop is located in Kindapur, Telangana. It has been serving delightful sweets to the people of Hyderabad for years now. The place is highly known for its crisp and juicy Jalebi. Plus, you can get lip-smacking chole batura on Sundays and other snack items throughout the week. Its visiting timings are from 8.30 am to 10.30 pm.
Address: 1-57/11c, 3rd St, opp. Civil Hospital, Sri Ramnagar – Block C, Kondapur, Telangana 500084
14) Kesariya’s Sweets – Kesariya’s sweets is a complete shop for every lip-smacking traditional Hyderabadi sweets. The place is an all-rounder in providing everything from sweets, dry fruit sweets, to chaat, gift boxes, namkeen items, and much more. It is located at Kondapur, Hyderabad. A must-try sweet dish from this shop is crispy jalebi. You can also try their chaat items like raj kachori, dahi samosa, chaat, gol gappe, etc.
Check out for the Franchise Address of Kesariya’s Sweets here
15) Sree Sai Satyanaryana Mithai Bhandar – this shop is known for its years of offering delectable and mouth-watering sweets. It was established in 1948 and since then this shop has a special place in the hearts of the Hyderabadi people. The irresistible sweets of this place are Rosogulla, Kaala Jamun, Jalebi, Kaju Katli, Soan Papdi, etc. You can even try other snack and namkeen items here like chaat, grilled sandwich, gol gappe, etc. Its experience in the industry speaks for itself. The shop is located at Siddiember Bazar, Begum Bazar.
Address: 15-1-580 Opp Siddiambazar Masjid, Siddiamber Bazar Rd, Hyderabad, Telangana 500012
There is never a need for an occasion to devour some lip-smacking and soul-soothing sweets from the best sweets shops in Hyderabad. Every sweet shop in Hyderabad has its own story and history. The Hyderabadi culture reflects in the rich food and sweet dishes. Whether you are craving some traditional Hyderabadi sweets or want to try Bengali sweets in Hyderabad, the top sweet shops in Hyderabad serves it all.
Above all, every sweet shop mentioned above deals with savory and baked items as well. Starting from chaat, gol gappe, grilled sandwich, to idli and dosa. Every Hyderabad’s sweet shop has evolved over the years and is satiating the sweet cravings of people. Moreover, these shops deal in providing gift boxes and gift packages on short notice.